Skylines Downunder Discussion Forums  
Home || Forum || Events || History
Specifications|| Modifications || Skyline Club
Sponsors || Trade || Gallery || Links

Go Back   Skylines Downunder Discussion Forums > International > U.S.A / America's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 27-12-2002, 11:46 PM
GT-R34

1971 skyline (KPGC10)

doe's any one know if it is at all possible to get a KPGC10 from 1971 sean if you could help it would be great basicaly any information on were to find one i know they ae extremly rare so i don't really exspect to find one but any help would be great thanks
Unread 28-12-2002, 01:55 AM
vrtFergy

Here's one

They are still on the used car market here in Japan. This is one on Yahoo Auction Japan.
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d24933703
There is a book here in Japan called Auto Works that mainly deals with old school stuff. The nice ones are still selling for upwards of 20,000 US. Good luck finding one in the states.
Unread 28-12-2002, 09:18 PM
tyndago

1971- thats older than me...

I think I remember something as far as the GT-R - 1971 was concerned - something like 300 cars made...

Japan is a very consumer society. They use things then when they get old - they throw them away.....

I have heard of a few old Skylines in the states..... but finding a 1971 would probably nearly impossible.

I would say the best thing would be to try and find one in Japan....

Anything can be found if you have enough money.
Unread 27-01-2003, 12:14 PM
WMP

Quote:
Originally posted by tyndago
Japan is a very consumer society. They use things then when they get old - they throw them away.....
Yup, not to mention the super-strict emissions standards. Often cheaper to buy a new car...
Unread 30-01-2003, 08:40 PM
scourge

Hakosuka

Another thing to try are the national autotrader like magazines. Here in Okinawa, we have two:

CROSSROADS:
www.o-cross.net

CLUB CIAO
www.clubciao.com

There is also GOO, but I don't know the URL off the top of my head. Try google. The best thing about getting a pre-1978 car is that since its 25 years old, its exempt for those BS federal import restrictions. Can't have Detroit making better cars to have to compete now can we?
Unread 12-05-2003, 06:17 AM
GT-R34

i got a 1970 240z manual with 175,000miles. at the end of this month i will start looking for a rb26dett to throw into it. now i have a few questions about keeping it rear wheel drive.

i was told i would be able to use a rb25det drivetrain with the rb26dett and i was thinking i could use a getrag 6-speed from a r34 or supra (1993)

then it comes to electronics would it be hard to use a newer electric system on a 240z say out of a r32-r34. or would i be able to use all the orignal wiring

intercooler i notice that there is little space for a intercooler on the 240z (i'm thinking like a really big one)

if any one can give me a little insite on some of these things such as wiring diagrams for the rb26dett and or the 240z would be great help.

thanks,
gt-r34
Unread 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
YoungBlood

@ GT-R34

Nice man, it is better that we start lower on the totem poll, I will be getting a 240SX soon, hopefully just do a simple Silvia S14 conversion as far as headlights, and I'm thinking of dropping an SR20DET into it, maybe an RB26, best of luck on your prokect as well! Better post pictures, I will!

Peace,
Alex
Unread 15-02-2004, 03:30 PM
greenmonster80

71 skyline

At the begining of this thread the topic was locating old shkylines stateside. Well you can view 2 of them. Mine and my buddy who actually has the website at www.71skylinegt-r.com

Hope this helps
Unread 15-02-2004, 04:15 PM
2.7GTR

As a matter of fact, there was not one but TWO '71s for sale at a used car shop right across from the UpGarage in Saitama. They wanted something like 1.4 million yen for one (in decent shape....some non-original parts) and 2.7 million yen for the other....VERY nice shape.

Unfortunately, this was about 2 years ago...they are probably long gone by now. But that shop sold ALL old cars...240's, Supra-Celica's, etc..... they might have one there.... Don't remember the name....